Your vacation in Bulgaria
BG
ENG
DE
RU
PL
 
  About Bulgaria
  History
  Tourist Information
  Black sea Coast
  The Danube & Premountain
  Stara planina - The Balkan
  Vitosha & Struma
  The Roses valley & Thracia
  Rila & Pirin Mountains
  The Rhodopes

  100 National Objects
  Thracians Treasure
  Bulgarian's Monasteries
  World Heritage
  SPA Resorts
  Village Tourism
  Hunting and Fishing Tourism
  Ecological Tourism

  Sofia
  Varna
  Plovdiv
  Burgas

  Photo Gallery
  Map
  Contact us
Pleven, Lukovit
Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanasi, Gorna Oryahovitsa
Vidin, Kozloduj, Kula
Shumen, Pliska, Veliki Preslav, Madara
Svishtov, Nature Park Persina
The Monastery's around the Veliko Tarnovo
Silistra, Tutrakan, Sreburna
The Nature Park "Rusenski Lom", The Rock Monastery's

Dobrich is 50 km north from Varna and 500 km from Sofia. The life in the region of Dobrich leads its beginning from the antiquity. There are found archeological ruins from IV – III century before Christ and early Middle Ages. The destroying invasions of pechenegues depopulate Dobrudja and the life in the villages was dead. In XVI century is established a village, found by the Turkish trader Hadjioglu Pazardjik, which name the town bears till 1882. In XVII- XIX century the town develops as craft, trade and agriculture center.

By Royal Decree in 1882 the town was renamed to Dobrich, the name of the Dobrudja ruler Dobrotitsa. After the signing of the Neuilly Peace Treaty (1918) Southern Dobrudja and Dobrich remain within Romania. Fight against the Romanian occupation lasted until 1940. After the Treaty of Craiova South Dobrudja is returned to Bulgaria. On September 25, 1940 in the Bulgarian army entered Dobrich. On this date is celebrated as the Day of Dobrich.

Historical Museum was established in 1953, collected, studied, preserved and presented through exhibitions and cultural models of nature in Southern Dobrudja. Organizes and conducts international, national and regional scientific conferences. By central square is formed ethnographic complex with workshops, which kept the old traditions, crafts revival.

Ethnographic museum-house is an interesting revival buildings of 1860-1861, restored in 1970, an architectural monument. Here is the exhibition "Popular lifestyle and ancient Bulgarian decorations in Dobrudja". The St. George Park was opened in 1867 and was declared a cultural monument in 1999, the Park offers visitors a variety of amenities, sports and meeting with nature.

The house-museum “Jordan Jovkov” is devoted to the classic of bulgarian literature, one of the biggest writers humanists, master of the short story. Interest for the tourists is the remarkable work of Stoimen Stoilov – “In the wolrd of the Jovkov heroes”, ceramics.





 
2009 BgTourInfo © All Rights Reserved