||Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanasi, Gorna Oryahovitsa
|Vidin, Kozloduj, Kula
||Shumen, Novi Pazar, Pliska, Veliki Preslav, Madara
|Svishtov, Nature Park Persina
||The Monastery's around the Veliko Tarnovo
|Silistra, Tutrakan, Sreburna
||The Nature Park "Rusenski Lom", The Rock Monastery's
Ruse (180 000) is on the right bank of Danube, near the mouth of Rusenski Lom River. Itís situated 320 km from Sofia and 200 km from Varna. Ruse is a town with traditions in culture, art and education. It is known as Little Vienna because of its ancient architecture. Regional center with a highly developed industry and commerce.
The town was founded by the Roman Emperor Vespasian in 69 as a fortress Sexaginta Prista (Port of the 60 ships). In the Middle Ages is one of the most important in the Bulgarian state. Main door to the north the Turkish Empire. In XIX century it was a distinctly European look. Built the first railway in Bulgaria Ruse-Varna (1866), the first maritime school (1881), the first Meteorological Station (1883). Center of the struggle for liberation. You create some foreign and Bulgarian architects, writers, artists.
In Ruse operate Opera, Philharmonic, Drama and Puppet Theater. The city is host to: The International Festival of symphonic and cantata-oratorio music, International jazz Festival, Folklore Festival, International Theater Festival.
The Historical museum is with 5 department - Archeology, Nature, Ethnography, Bulgaria XIV-XIX century and New history. The National Museum of Transport and Communications is in the building of the oldest railway station in Bulgaria.
200 buildings belonging to the fund of Ruse architectural and historical heritage, 12 were of national importance. Of interest are the Leventabiya Fortress, Church of the Holy Trinity, Monuments of the dead in the Serbo-Bulgarian War in 1885.
The Monument of Liberty in the center of the city, built on a project of Italian architect Arnoldo Zocchi in 1909 has a pyramidal composition with an upright statue of a woman holding a sword. The rear platform were two guns.
The Pantheoh of the Writers of the Bulgarian National Revival was built in 1978 of laureateship of 100 years from the Liberation of Bulgaria. The names of 453 enlightener, volunteers are buried 39 writers of the Bulgarian national revival in the marmoreal dance hall, are written. Everlasting fire burns in the medium under the gilded martello tower.
Church of the Holy Trinity is built in 1632, in 1764 is reformed, and in 1797 itís decorated. It is think that it is raised in a christian catacomb or in a chivalric bulgarian church. It is in the ground of four undergrounds and moiety implanted and they lead 22 running boards to its inside. The iconostas is from 1807. The pictures are complicated in Moscow. There are 5 bells, the oldest from 1899.
The house-museum Zahari Stoyanov was opened in 1978 in the house, purchased after the death of the famous writer of his wife Anastasia Obretenova. Below are personal items, first editions of his works, issues of Funeral Svoboda found in his tomb, opened in January 1978 to be made his bones in The Pantheoh of the Writers of the Bulgarian National Revival.
The castle "Batenberg" it's built 1879-1882 of the project of the Viennese architect Fridrih Grunanger. Now itís a Historical museum. The walls are decorated with a plaster architecture profiles.
Calliope's house - the house is of the wife of the Prussian consul Maria Kalish. They had been called Calliope. In nowadays itís a Museum of the town culture. The writer of the project is not known. The facade styling is close next to this in the Plovdiv houses.
Borovo's treasure is from the IV BC. from the time of the King Kotis I from Odrin (383/5- 359 BC), the vessel are made in Boes town on Aegean sea.
Byala is in the central part of the Danube plain near the Yantra River, 55 km. from Ruse. Its name from the white color of the rocks closest to the village, is mentioned for the first time in a Turkish register of 1618. During the Russo-Turkish War of Liberation from 29 July to 13 August in the city is the Russian Emperor Alexander II headquarters.
Kolyu Ficheto Bridge of the River Yantra e built in 1865-1867, and is decorated with carvings. Museum of the Russian-Turkish war was discovered in 1907 in his yard is the grave of Baroness Julia Vrevskaya. The town's clock tower (1872) was conceived as a church steeple, but has never performed that role.