Your vacation in Bulgaria
BG
ENG
DE
RU
PL
 
  About Bulgaria
  History
  Tourist Information
  Black sea Coast
  The Danube & Premountain
  Stara planina - The Balkan
  Vitosha & Struma
  The Roses valley & Thracia
  Rila & Pirin Mountains
  The Rhodopes

  100 National Objects
  Thracians Treasure
  Bulgarian's Monasteries
  World Heritage
  SPA Resorts
  Village Tourism
  Hunting and Fishing Tourism
  Ecological Tourism

  Sofia
  Varna
  Plovdiv
  Burgas

  Photo Gallery
  Map
  Contact us
Pleven, Lukovit
Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanasi, Gorna Oryahovitsa
Vidin, Kozloduj, Kula
Shumen, Pliska, Veliki Preslav, Madara
Svishtov, Nature Park Persina
The Monastery's around the Veliko Tarnovo
Silistra, Tutrakan, Sreburna
The Nature Park "Rusenski Lom", The Rock Monastery's

Svishtov (32 000 inhabitants) is 250 km. from Sofia and 100 km from Ruse. The first settlers were Neolithic (3000-2600 BC). Excavations revealed the remains of the fortress town of Nove, the main center of the Roman Legion and an important economic center. In Svishtov there are over 120 archaeological and architectural monuments of culture from the XVII-XIX century. The monastery of St. St. Peter and Paul (1644) has remarkable frescoes. Temple St. Prophet Elias (1835) with excellent acoustics.

During the Ottoman invasion of Svishtov was inviolable possession of the Sultan, commercial and cultural center. Prosperity of the city affect the lifestyle of the people, shown in the Ethnographic Museum. Household containers of clay, wood, copper and silver have artistic value. There are also more unique items - antique clocks and lamps, fabrics and other relics.

Svishtov is the first liberated city in Bulgaria after five centuries of Ottoman rule. In the park "Monuments", where the Russians have forced the Danube are built of marble and granite monuments and are preserved military attributes. Cathedral Holy Trinity (1836) was built by Master Kolyo Ficheto. The temple is the highest point in town. The belfry is from 1886, while the bells were donated by the Russian Emperor Alexander.

House-Museum Aleko Konstantinov was donated by the great Bulgarian writer to Svishtov municipality, for the cultural needs of the city. Original material tell the story of life, socio-economic, literary and historical work of the writer. Restored interior of the house of the second half of the XIX century, was exposed and the heart of the writer.

Antic Roman Town Novae itís discovered around 45 BC, of 4 km from Svishtov, as a home of a roman legion. Near the comp is formed town. Many Wreckages with an invaluable historic value are discovered at archaeological excavations.

Nature park "Persina" is located at the overall length of the Svishtov-Belene bottomland, walling the abrupt shore of Danube, and all Bulgarian islands in the river. The bottomland is a part of the plain of Danube. In the middle parts itís high. It separates this part of two regions. In higher waters they sluice themselves from Danube.





 
2009 BgTourInfo © All Rights Reserved