||Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanasi, Gorna Oryahovitsa
|Vidin, Kozloduj, Kula
||Shumen, Novi Pazar, Pliska, Veliki Preslav, Madara
|Svishtov, Nature Park Persina
||The Monastery's around the Veliko Tarnovo
|Silistra, Tutrakan, Sreburna
||The Nature Park "Rusenski Lom", The Rock Monastery's
Shumen was founded 3200 years ago, his name comes from the noise (timbered place with many forests). Cradle of rich spiritual and material culture: the Thracian, Roman, Byzantine, Bulgarian. Center of the Golden Age of Bulgaria. To XV century, the town is situated on the plateau, an impressive fortress. After the Crusade of Vladislav Varnenchik and Janosh Hunyadi in 1444, the stronghold was destroyed.
The city moved to current location. Became one of the centers of the Bulgarian Renaissance. The town held the first in Bulgaria commemoration of Saints Cyril and Methodius, the first theatrical production. In 1828 he founded a school, in 1856 - girls' class school and community center. In 1850 establishes a first Bulgarian symphony orchestra. After the Liberation, Shumen is an administrative, industrial and cultural center.
The Rai Hotel (Paradise)
The hotel his situated at the foot of National Park Shoumen plateau of 150 m from the town center. Offers 13 rooms and 2 suites, modernly furnished, with Internet connection, telephone and television. There are lobby bar, conference hall, solarium, guarded parking lot.
Tombul Mosque (Sheriff Halil Pasha Mosque) is the second largest Muslim temple, acting on the Balkan Peninsula. The name of the building comes from the shape of the dome, was built from 1740 to 1744. There were present religious school, men's gymnasium. The courtyard of the mosque is the arcade, because of the shape of the arches to twelve rooms that surround it, the minaret is 40 meters in height.
Nature Park Shumen Plateau combines natural beauty, historical and cultural heritage, declared a protected natural area in 1980's highest point (502 m) is the place "Tarnov Tabia. The park has 60 caves, most is Biserna (Pearls cave) - two floors, with a length of about 2.6 kilometers. Many of the caves are homes to serve the people. There are well-preserved remains of a fortification. The slopes are scattered rock monasteries, churches and monastic cells from the Second Bulgarian Kingdom (XII-XIV century).
Shoumen plateau occupies a strategic position, determining significant role in our historical past. Fortress (Old Town) in the eastern part of the plateau, over the rocky hill Hissar. The archaeological reserve with a fortress, church and civic architecture. Nature Park Shumen Plateau is a place for recreation, sport and tourism, with many tourist lodges. Suitable for greener, rural, bicycling, cave tourism and others.
Shumen fortress is 3 km. from the center of the city, very well kept. It is built in the early and late antiquity, and in Medieval times is extended. The Avars and the Slavs destroy it, but Bulgarian Khan Omurtag creates it again.
The memorial "Creators of the Bulgarian country" is opened in 1981, of laureateship of 1300 year of the creation of the Bulgarian State and recreates the most important points from the history of First Bulgarian Kingdom of Khan Asparuh until King Simeon. The constitution is from eight concrete bodies under a different corner, forming two semi-ballrooms. The memorial is with enormous sizes.
The Horseman of the Madara is located at the Archaeological Reserve "Madara", 1,5 km from the village of Madara, it is protected by UNESCO. The unique rock relief was carved at a height of 23 m. of vertical rock. In scale depicts a horseman, a dog and a lion, pierced with a copy. Around the figure are carved inscriptions. Image e Proto-Bulgarians, was depicted Khan Tervel in honor of the great victory over the Arabs near Constantinople.
The First Bulgarian capital Pliska is originated in 681 by Khan Asparuh. In 893/894 King Simeon goes the capital in Preslav. The town has comprised three focused pitches. The international town is walled from a big fence with embankments. The intrinsic fortress with solid stone wall is located in the center close from enormous plates. It has towers and the port to each and every one from her walls in the corners. The third protective zone is a wall, turning the home city. The huge court is well saved building from the Inside town. Itís built by Khan Omurtag. He makes it in one of the largest East-european towns. It is the residence of the khan in the small court. The small one is richer and more graceful.
Veliki Preslav was the capital of the Bulgarian kingdom from 893-969 in the era of its greatest glory. Has occurred in IX century during the Han Omurtag (814-831). Was proclaimed the capital of King Simeon (893-927) and became the largest city in Southeastern Europe. Preslav have the same structures as Pliska. Instead of the typical ancient moat in front of Bulgaria has built strong fortifications and a high fortress wall. Here, for the first time in Europe the city is built with two fortification walls.
Over 969 Preslav was captured by Prince Svetoslav from Kiev, in 971 and in 1186 was destroyed by the Byzantines, who renamed Yoanopolis. In 1388 the town was finally captured and destroyed by the Turks. In 1993 his name back Veliki Preslav.
Hotels in Veliki Preslav
Preslav treasure contains more than 150 luxury trimmings, buttons and appliques for decoration of expensive clothes. It is one of the largest and most interesting in Bulgaria. Excavations clarified the facts about the capture of the city in 972 by the Byzantines. The treasure is hidden in the poor man's hut. There are ornaments of the X century, made in Constantinople and Preslav, and III-VII century.
Patleina monastery it's a part of the National archeology reserve Veliki Preslav. Here has been the centre of the famous writers from the Preslavís literature school, as about production of Preslavís drawing ceramics and glass article. It is think that St. King Boris I is taken back of his throne. It represents a cupola church with towers, riches decoration with drawn ceramics walls. The known picture of St. Theodore Stratilat is from separate ceramic tiles.
Novi Pazar is located in a hollow between the Shumen, 25 km east of Shumen and 70 km west of Varna. Testifies to life around the city of the antiquity, Testifies to life around the city of the antiquity. They are from tribes and peoples inhabiting the region of the Stone Age to the Middle Ages. Impressive gold ornaments found in Roman roadside settlement - large fortress of IV-VI century.
Novi Pazar is mentioned first in connection with the campaign of Vladislav of Varna in 1444, as a city - fortress with a tower that has been burned. In XVII century it was restored as an important station on the road Varna - Ruschuk (Ruse), which deviates from the road to Shumen. Here they gathered grain for Varna and Constantinople, was a big market. In the handicraft workshops are made carts, barrels and others. Transforming the Novi Pazar into an industrial center is associated with Plant from porcelain and glass "Kitka" emerged in 1924 as a brick factory, and since 1935 began production of faience and terracotta tiles.
Hotels in Novi Pazar