||Pamporovo, Chepelare, Momchilovtsi, Rozhen
|Batak, Tsigov Chark, Rakitovo
||Peshtera, Bratsigovo, Krichim, Perushtitsa, Vacha
||Asenovgrad, Bachkovo and Arapovo Monasteries
|Trigrad, Bujnovo, Yagodina
||Croses peak, Narechen, Chudnite Mostove
Peshtera (450 m asl) is located on the border with the Upper Thracian Valley, 20 km. from Pazardzhik, 40 km from Plovdiv and 125 km from Sofia. The earliest human traces dating back to the Neolithic era. During the Bronze Age Snezhanka and the Jubilee caves were habitable. For thousands of years this region was inhabited by the Thracian tribe of Bessi. The emergence of the settlement was made in the second half of IV century BC. The earliest written document about the settlement under the name Peshtera is in 1479.
In the Renaissance era was a huge building of churches, bridges, fountains, houses, schools and the clock tower. Church of St. Demetrius was built in the period 1825-1831. Especially valuable are the icons, some are of XVII-XVIII century. The first Bulgarian secular school was founded in 1848, a community center in 1873. Historical Museum holds a rich collection of more than 8 000 exhibits from the Neolithic period to modern times.
Resort "St. Constantine" is 16 km. by Peshtera, known for its mild climate and beautiful scenery. Ski-lifts create conditions for winter sports. Near the Batak dam - ideal for sunbathing and fishing.
Bratsigovo is located at 420 meters altitude. The favorable climate and major roads have been instrumental to more populated in the ancient times. Mounds in the village Ravnogor are of Thracian origin, its the largest Thracian domed tomb in Bulgaria. The belfry in Bratsigovo (1885) is the highest on the Balkan Peninsula.
The nature of this region has combined the beauty and majesty of the Rhodopes with fertile fields, the favorable climatic conditions, numerous and unique cultural and historical monuments. The city is contributing to the liberation of Bulgaria from Ottoman rule, it is one of the centers of the April uprising.
The historical museum is located in the old part of Bratsigovo. Center in the museum complex that includes the native house of the revolutionary Vasil Petleshkov, exposure to construction during the Renaissance and ethnographic exhibition. Occupies a central place April uprising.
Krichim is located 20 km. southwest of Plovdiv. The town is located in the transition where Thracian valley tangential to the northern slopes of the Rhodopes. Krichim is an ancient settlement from early Byzantine times, two important fortresses guarded the gate. Of the fortress remained preserved wall, reservoir, residential buildings and Assenov stone with an inscription extremely valuable.
Krichim is one of the few settlements in the early Renaissance (1396 – 1762) had schools in the monasteries of St. Mary and St. Vrach. Demolished in troubled times, and raise up again, the cloister were not only God's temples, but also schools for the people pleasing to God and Christian life, the protection of the Bulgarian spirit. In a landmark bridge over the river Vacha with full metal construction. From the outskirts of the city begins Reserve "Izgoryaloto Gyune". In the Kaleto area the ruins of the ancient fortress.
Perushtitsa is located at the foot of the Rhodopes, 20 km southwest of Plovdiv. The fortress Peristitsa was built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian I (527-565). Then it is built and the Red Church, near the important road from Constantinople to Western Europe. The ancient city Dragovets was 2-3 km north of current city, was destroyed by hordes of Turkish commander Lala Sahin (1364). Attempts by the Turks to converted to Islam the local population failed. In the first half of the XIX century, built the big church Archangel Michael, with Danov School.
During the Renaissance here lived and worked prominent educators and leaders of national liberation. In 1869 Vasil Levski founded a secret revolutionary committee. During the April uprising in 1876 the citizens had charged seven days of incessant attacks repeatedly superior in number and armament Turks. In the Church of St. Archangel Michael, 347 rebels choose death to capture, by killing women and children and then himself. Later, the bones of the martyrs were collected and buried in the same church. Perushtitsa was burned and collapsed to the ground.
Vacha Dam is one of the biggest in Bulgaria. It is the river Vacha - the second longest in Southern Bulgaria after Arda. Dam is over 30 km long. Its purpose is for energy, irrigation and providing potable water for part of the Plovdiv region. His swim in water melon, white fish, rudd, carp, etc., which attracts many fishermen. The view of St. Elias peak is unique.