Your vacation in Bulgaria
  About Bulgaria
  Tourist Information
  Black sea Coast
  The Danube & Premountain
  Stara planina - The Balkan
  Vitosha & Struma
  The Roses valley & Thracia
  Rila & Pirin Mountains
  The Rhodopes

  100 National Objects
  Thracians Treasure
  Bulgarian's Monasteries
  World Heritage
  SPA Resorts
  Village Tourism
  Hunting and Fishing Tourism
  Ecological Tourism


  Photo Gallery
  Contact us
Vratsa, Vratschanski Balkan Nature Park, Ledenika Cave
Gabrovo, Etura, Bojenci, Sokol's Monastery
Montana, Berkovitsa, Varshets, Chiprovtsi
Botevgrad, Etropole, Skravena
Troyan, Troyan Monastery, Cherni Osum, Oreshak
Central Balkan National Park, Peak Botev
Shipka National Park-Museum

Teteven (13000 c, 410 m alt.) is 120 km. far from Sofia. In the caves round the city there are finds, showing that the region was inhabited from ancient times. Tracks had left a lot of tumulus. There are a lot of roads, fortresses and bridges from Roman times. It was first called Tetevian in a Turkish register in 1421. During XVII c. the city was a developed handcraft village, it called Altan Teteven (Golden Teteven). In 1801 the city is completely destroyed, since then it never become the same again. Nowadays it is a tourist city.

In the monastery “St. Elias” was found a cross from the King Ivan Shishman, which nowadays is in the London’s museum. The church “All saints” and the many house-museums are some interesting for the tourists. Interesting are the house-museums: Bobevs, Hadji Ivans and Yorgova. The city is famous with its Rakia - Plume brandy production.

In the Historical museum shows the development of Teteven from antiquity to the liberation from Ottoman rule. Reflected are the main occupations of the population of that time - cattle, timber, crafts and trade.

Ribaritsa (1400 c) is one of the most picturesque villages in the Teteven’s district. It is elevated 600 meters in the Teteven’s part of the Balkans, on the banks of White Vit River. The small pretty houses and villas hidden in the beautiful green nature are the charm of the village. They provide not only peace and quite but also a good feeling of the real village atmosphere.

Here is the most beautiful part of the Central Balkan National Park: Tsarichina (The King’s daughter) Reserve. The king’s daughter Tamara healed from a bad disease by the fire red barefoot, which the Ribaritsa inhabitants call carichina even nowadays. The Boatin, The Black Ryt and Goat’s Wall reserves, the hostels Georgi Benkovski, Eho, Vejen are round the village.

By bicycle you can reach the Roman’s bridge over the Kostina River, the Yakova’s cave and the rock bridge. You can go to a retro horse trip with cabriolet, photo-safari with forest picnic, foot trip with a mountain guide and fishing trip.

The guest house “Lyulyana”
The guest house “Lyulyana” is a small complex consisting of two houses, which is located in the magic Stara Planina mountain village of Ribaritsa The two houses are situated in immediate proximity to the swimming complex.
More info

The “Saeva dupka" (Saeva holl) cave it’s called of the name the two brothers, who are hid from the Turkish. It’s found pottery vessels and coins from the time of the roman imperator Antony. The cave is as a wonderful dream or tale. In the first hall here is a huge stalactite, whose remind a heap of hay. The second hall Srutishte, it’s form through the earthquake. In the hall Harmanut, The White castle and The space, there are remarkable acoustic. Many famous choir have here.

The Monastery in Glojene St. George the Victorious is in an artistic place into a height and from a distance it’s as a castle. It’s created in XIII century by a king George Gloj. According the legend after, the founding of the monastery, the St.George’s miraculous icon vary often disappear and it has found in the hill far away from the village. This is interpreted by the monks as a God sign, that the monastery has to be moved in the hill.

The two monastery create together, and they are separate with a tunnel, which is covered up by the earthquake in 1928. The monastery temple is from XIV century and it has been richly decorating with mural paintings. In 1913 the earthquake hide the church to bases. The church in nowadays is built in 1951 into the bases of the old one.

2005-2010 BgTourInfo © All Rights Reserved